Monday, August 1, 2011

Making My Way Back

Yes, it has been a barren blogging summer, and I think I'm ready to try to work my way back.  Blogging can be an obsession, causing one to feel the need to write every single day.  I've stepped away from the blog for a season because that's right where I was.  On the other hand, however, waiting for the inner prompting to write hasn't been working too well either, confirming the feeling that a break was in order.

Why do people blog anyway?  For me, it is a place to fill the need to write.  People who write and people who like to write understand the need to write regularly.  It is a creative outlet, it is a record of thoughts and events and it communicates with the people who care most about what's going on in my life (namely my parents and my kids).

I think I'm ready to try to find a balance in blogging.  I've missed blogging, and there must be a way to get some thoughts down on paper without being neurotic about it.  I've frequented a couple of blogs that pick a day of the week to just post pictures, letting them speak for themselves without a lot of narration.  I like that idea, particularly with young grandchildren that are changing by the minute, and seasons in life that deserve some documentation.

For today, I woke up this morning with a song in my head.  This happens fairly regularly to me, where I'll have fragments of lyrics or melody floating around and when I go find the words it's like a message hand delivered to me by God for the day ahead.  Today, the Casting Crowns song "Lifesong" was on the tip of my tongue.


"Lifesong"

Empty hands held high
Such small sacrifice
If not joined with my life
I sing in vain tonight

May the words I say
And the things I do
Make my lifesong sing
Bring a smile to You

Let my lifesong sing to You
Let my lifesong sing to You
I want to sing Your name to the end of this day
Knowing that my heart was true
Let my lifesong sing to You

Lord I give my life
A living sacrifice
To reach a world in need
To be Your hands and feet

So may the words I say
And the things I do
Make my lifesong sing
Bring a smile to You

Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Let my lifesong sing to You 


This is my prayer for the day.  I hope it's yours, too.


Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment