Saturday, March 24, 2012

Here!

Outside a little nap (see photo below), I have been awake for a very long time.  My plane left O'Hare last night at 10:30pm and arrived in London at 11:30am England time (which was 6:30am CST).  I was greeted by my two favorite six year olds (and their parents) and met our new grandson Flynn.  After lunch and errands, we finally got back to the house about 3:30 in the afternoon.

Note to self: when traveling across the ocean, one might think that leg room is the most important consideration when choosing a seat.  During the daytime, this may very well be true, but on an overnight flight, being able to lean one's head against the window is much preferable, lending to much needed sleep.  I can say this with conviction, having observed the girl next to me sleeping while my head was bobbing, awakening me every five minutes.  I will remember this next time.

After 36 hours without much sleep to speak of, I'm not entirely cogent and cannot be held responsible for rambling.  So instead of carrying on, I'll get to the stuff you want to see anyway - PICTURES!

But before I do, I would just like to comment that driving through the English countryside sort of felt like coming home.  Maybe it's all that English blood that courses through my veins.  There was just one thing conspicuously missing - Flyboy.  I miss him already.

 Gigi and Flynn taking a snooze.


 Carter wasted no time constructing his lego dinosaur.  He IS a clever boy.


Way to help with supper, Elijah!  Washing skewers for grilled kebobs.  He was so proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment