Friday, November 4, 2011

One and Only

[This post is part of a series...click HERE to start at the beginning.]

So what is it, really, that keeps me from loving Jesus with my whole heart?  What robs my attention from Him?  What pulls on my time and my energy?  What would whole-hearted devotion look like and how does that look different from where I live?

I think that when I truly love Jesus with my whole heart His great name is the first to roll off my tongue when I wake up and the last one when I go to bed at night.  Pleasing Him is the benchmark for everything I do.   He is the first one I run to with a funny story or a question or a concern or an issue.

But truthfully, I more often run to Google first.  Having the knowledge of the world at my fingertips is a little intoxicating to an information junkie.  Somehow, I think the Creator of all the universes we could ever hope to discover has the answer to any question I could possibly imagine.  And so much more.

When I am tempted to stop anywhere else first, I need to remember WHO it is that I'm yearning to get home to. HE is the One who loved me first, HE is the One who loves me most, HE is the One who loves me best, and HE is the One who deserves my whole-hearted devotion.

Natalie Grant sings the most beautiful song about the One and Only - why wouldn't I love Him with everything I have and am and hope for?

Lost are saved; find their way; at the sound of Your great name 
All condemned; feel no shame, at the sound of Your great name 
Every fear; has no place; at the sound of Your great name 
The enemy; he has to leave; at the sound of Your great name 

Jesus, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain for us, Son of God and Man 
You are high and lifted up; and all the world will praise Your great name 

All the weak; find their strength; at the sound of Your great name 
Hungry souls; receive grace; at the sound of Your great name 
The fatherless; they find their rest; at the sound of Your great name 
Sick are healed; and the dead are raised; at the sound of Your great name 

Jesus, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain for us, Son of God and Man 
You are high and lifted up; and all the world will praise Your great name 

Redeemer, My Healer, Lord Almighty 
My Savior, Defender, You are My King 

Jesus, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain for us, Son of God and Man 
You are high and lifted up; and all the world will praise Your great name

No comments:

Post a Comment