Wednesday, January 16, 2008

This one's for you, Mom

Well, today is one of those marathon days and there is only enough time to either answer my Mom's email personally or do it here. I decided to comment here, so in case my other reader was puzzled by my cynicism, too, I could kill two birds with one stone.

My point was just that in an election year certain politicians (in particular, the two who have been exchanging blows over this issue) are trying as hard as they can to distance themselves from the war. And that their only real concern is getting elected, not the principles that led us to war in the first place.

And my other (implied) point was that election years bring out the worst cynic in me and make me generally crabby.

Thanks, Mom, for reading me and for calling me on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment