Monday, April 21, 2008

April 22, 1930

By the grace of God, my dad has outlived all of his immediate family. His father and his sister both died at the age of 62, and his mother was 74 when she passed away. Today, my dad celebrates his 78th birthday, and am I ever thankful he is still here and healthy and active and sharp as ever. Happy birthday, Dad!

I am the only person I know that can say that their dad has published books AND had his own darkroom AND built a western town, a clipper ship, and about every kind of model airplane ever thought of AND had an oil painting phase AND built and flown u-control and remote control airplanes and built slot cars and tracks and model railroad tracks complete with stations and trees and scenery AND MORE... can you say that about YOUR dad? I can. My dad has superhuman creative energy and the discipline to see every amazing project through to completion.

Not everybody can say with confidence that they have always known with every fiber of their being that their dad loved them. I can. I have never doubted, not even for a nanosecond, the love of my father. My dad has always been there for me, has been my biggest cheerleader (along with my mom), and still, even though I've been an adult much longer than I was a kid, challenges me to reach new heights and be better than I was yesterday.

Thanks, Dad for all you mean to me! See you tomorrow! Happy birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment