Thursday, February 14, 2008

To My Valentine

Today marks the 33rd time I get to say "Happy Valentines Day" to my one and only. It is an amazing thing to me that we have been together for almost 2/3 of my entire life! In honor of the day, here are my Top Ten Things I Love About You:

1. You are a man of faith. Your love for our Savior shows through everything you do. It was one of the first things we ever talked about on that blind date, and your faith has remained steadfast through the years.

2. You are a man of integrity. This was one of the very first things that attracted me to you (besides how cute you looked in a flightsuit). You always tell the truth, and you are who you say you are. You do the right thing even if it is hard.

3. You have always taken good care of us. You are fiscally responsible and generous at the same time, and darn good at both.

4. You are passionate about what is important to you, and you do things with excellence. This shows up around the house in all the things you fix and build, and in relationships as well.

5. You challenge me to be my best. You make sure I spend time broadening my horizons and learning new things.

6. You love our children and there is nothing you wouldn't do for them. You have been a great dad, and watching you be a "Papa" is something I wouldn't miss for anything.

7. You love me for who I am (no matter what color my hair is at the time, or how much extra weight has crept on).

8. Even though you live in daily pain and have a physically complicated life, you never complain, but meet each day with courage.

9. You are a balanced person who works hard but is able to kick back and relax.

10. You are always there for me - dropping everything to come and change a tire, listening to me in the middle of a busy day, turning off the t.v. in favor of conversation.

I love you with all my heart! Happy Valentines Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment