Thursday, January 13, 2011

One Little Click

It's amazing what you can do with one little click of the mouse. You can send an email in an instant and spend a lifetime regretting words spoken in haste. You can connect with friends and family all over the world. You can learn something new. You can win (or lose) a game of Solitaire.

Guess what I did with just one click of the mouse?

I secured tickets to London! We are heading to the UK over spring break to hug our daughter and her family and see where they live and see what they see and eat what they eat and meet who they know. Flyboy lived in Germany for awhile as a boy but I've never been out of North America. I can't wait.

For all the things I'm looking forward to, I'm mildly terrified at the thought of riding on the left side of the road. There are certain things that just don't work in my brain. Transposing music on an electronic keyboard or playing the guitar with a capo does not work for me because I simply cannot hear a D in my head while I'm playing a C. In the same way, I'm not sure I can convince my brain that riding (forget driving!) on the left side is okay. The cognitive dissonance may just prove too great.

But aside from that, I'm looking forward to the pastoral countrysides, the ancient architecture, talking to little boys with ever increasing British accents, seeing ministry in England firsthand, and all the things I can't even begin to imagine.

We are flying non-stop out of Chicago. After our last fiasco (taking the long way to Jacksonville), I am thankful we don't have to worry about making any connecting flights.

And while we've been able to connect with our kids on Skype even though they are so far away, it will be better yet to be there in person. I can't wait to hear Dash pray and JackJack read and see Elasti-girl's creations (from curtains to pillows) and watch Mr. Incredible in action, being the hands and feet of Jesus to those around him. Before we know it, ten weeks will have passed and we'll be there. Just like that.


No comments:

Post a Comment