Monday, January 17, 2011

A Sad Day for emptynestfullheart.com

It wasn't an altogether sad day...I actually had a pretty easy time of it at work, the kids being off school, celebrating in one way or another MLK Day. I got a couple of things done, came home a little early, and then sat on the couch watching Flyboy out the window blowing snow, so thankful that he is in good health, here in the heart of winter. My poor friend Lulu - it never fails - oftens gets stuck moving snow out of her long driveway as her husband travels a lot and inevitably misses the biggest snowfalls of the season. Flyboy was supposed to get home late, and I was wondering what I was going to do about the snow in preparation for the small group that meets at our house on Monday nights. Imagine my happy surprise when he walked in the door early! And then, on top of that, our group wound up cancelling, too many people unable to come.

Hmm...no sad story yet. Wait for it...wait for it...

In the moving over here to carol-ing.com from emptynestfullheart.com, I have tried to be systematic, saving and transferring files to their new home. For the most part it has gone well, until today. Today, I clicked prematurely, and, for all intents and purposes, lost what was left at emptynestfullheart. I could have cried. I figured there would still be access to the site until my contracted time period was up (Feb. 25), but alas...it died the death immediately.

What that will mean here is a slow reintroduction of the recipes I shared there, and the moving of old posts a little at a time instead of all at once. It also means that anyone who had read emptynestfullheart and may have wanted to follow me here but hadn't saved the new site name yet is just out of luck. I'm going to try to get the word out, but it is certainly not as clean a transition as I had hoped for. So, hopefully, with the magic of google and the mention of emptynestfullheart enough times, those who want to read can actually find their way here.

A girl can hope.

In the meantime, if you want a recipe from emptynestfullheart, just email me at: iamcaroling@gmail.com and I'd be happy to send it to you.

Tomorrow is a new day,

2 comments:

  1. Oh! That would have made me cry, too! It reminds me of the scene in Little Women when Jo finds out that Amy burned her manuscript. It just hurts to read/watch that part! Anyone who writes can understand the heart-wrench of losing their writing in whatever form!

    But, I'm glad you're continuing to write; I enjoy your writing and am looking forward to how you get to "branch out" into other topics on this new site!

    Tamara

    P.S. Every time I shelve genealogy books at work I think of you. :) Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would contact your server- they may still have the files on their network and would give you access to them, especially if you had until Feb. It's worth a try at least!!

    ReplyDelete