Friday, January 7, 2011

Welcome!

It's a new year, and I feel like a change. I've been blogging for the past two years at Empty Nest Full Heart, but am starting over here for several reasons. First, I'm cheap. I'm tired of paying the big bucks "over there" for a site that I'll never be smart enough to customize anyway. Second, I think I want to move past the empty nest persona and spend a little more time exploring my other interests. For example, I'm in the process of joining the DAR (Daughters of the American Revolution) and am busily gathering documentation to prove my connection to 14 patriot ancestors. So, rather than write an empty nest blog (with other things thrown in every now and then), I think I'll just embrace the freedom to write whatever I want to. And, whenever I want to. At Empty Nest Full Heart, I committed to writing every day, but now, I think I'd like to step away from that pressure. Who knows - I may still wind up writing a lot anyway, but having given myself permission to not write until I have something to say feels quite liberating.

Some things never change, though, and there will still be plenty of talk about the grandkids, and I'll still be tracking Flyboy's ongoing health issues. I've had the most readers when he's been in the middle of a crisis, so I told him he's going to have to step it up a little more often (just kidding).

And finally, just like at Empty Nest Full Heart, your comments and thoughts are always welcomed. I wish I could offer contests and cool prizes, but I hope that community and friendship will bring you back.

Love,



No comments:

Post a Comment